School Director Vacancy
At the Tuesday, October 20, 2020, meeting, the WYASD Board of School Directors accepted the resignation of School Director Don Carl. Fellow board members expressed their sincerest gratitude for his service and dedication to the West York Area School District.
Per Board Policy 004, such vacancy shall be filled in accordance with the School Code and Sunshine Act and by appointment by a majority vote of the remaining members of the Board within thirty (30) days of the occurrence of the vacancy. The school director so appointed shall serve for the remainder of the unexpired term being December 2021.
Interested candidates must reside in the District and meet the following qualifications:
1. S/He shall be of good moral character, at least eighteen (18) years of age, shall have been a resident of the district for at least one (1) year prior to the date of his/her election or appointment, and shall not be a holder of any office or position of profit under any government in the District nor shall s/he be a member of a municipal council.
2. S/He shall not have been removed from any office of trust under federal, state or local laws for any malfeasance in such office.
3. Except as provided by law, s/he shall not be engaged in a business transaction with the District, be employed by the District, or receive pay for services from the District.
4. S/He shall, before entering the duties of the office, take and subscribe to the oath or affirmation prescribed by statute.
5. S/He shall file a statement of financial interests with the school district at the following times:
Before taking the oath of office or entering upon his/her duties.
Annually by May 1 while serving on the Board.
By May 1 of the year after leaving the Board.
Please submit a detailed letter of interest and resume to Ms. Sheri Schlemmer, School Board Secretary, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the District Administration Building, 1891 Loucks Road, Suite 100, no later than 3:00 PM on Thursday, November 5, 2020. Upon receipt of letters of interests and resumes, candidates will receive a questionnaire to complete and return to Ms. Schlemmer.
The Board will make nominations from the candidate submissions at the Tuesday, November 10, 2020, Work Session of the Board. Those candidates nominated should be available to attend the Tuesday, November 17, 2020, meeting of the Board for possible questions from the sitting School Directors.
Persons with a disability who need assistance in the application process, or individuals who have questions, may contact Board Secretary Sheri Schlemmer at email@example.com.