West York Elementary PTO
The West York Elementary PTO is an all-volunteer, parent-run, nonprofit organization whose purpose is to promote, encourage, and build community to support the families of our students, teachers and administration. Its goal is to complement the school curriculum with additional opportunities for parents, teachers, and students to learn, socialize, communicate, and grow. At the heart of our mission is a commitment to strengthen the West York Area School District's capacity to provide the highest quality education possible for all students.
- Work in partnership to serve and advocate for all of our students and help create a safe and healthy learning environment where students can excel and feel confident in themselves.
- Provide support to staff as we partner with them to provide learning in new ways - supporting teachers and students by raising funds for educational materials, field trips, innovative instructional support, and technology grants.
- Help to create community and a sense of connectedness as we deal with the changes and challenges of everyday busy lives.
- Promote communication and cultivate a sense of community between all elementary schools, parents, students and faculty through monthly meetings and school-based family engagement activities (movie nights, dances, bingo for books, game nights, etc.)
- Facilitate communication and support our schools and students through PTO volunteers serving as school chairs, room parents, and class parents/advisors – through Class Dojo, social media, PTO website, newsletters/flyers.
- Organize Community Outreach drives that support local charitable organizations, while affording students an opportunity to practice social responsibility and compassion for others.
Committee Board members
President - Samantha Stover
Vice-President - Amanda Coble
Secretary - Tracy Overlander
Treasurer - Teena Curnow
Assistant Treasurer - Jenn Hyser
Check us out on FACEBOOK!
PTO Meetings are held every 3rd Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m at
Wallace Elementary School.
Next Meeting: May 17th!
Meetings are open to ALL West York Elementary Families!The West York Elementary PTO needs to fill 3 board positions for the 2023-2024 school year. To learn more about these positions click here.
For interest, please complete the Google form below. Voting will happen at the May 17th meeting.