West York Elementary PTO
The West York Elementary PTO is an all-volunteer, parent-run, nonprofit organization whose purpose is to promote, encourage, and build community to support the families of our students, teachers and administration. Its goal is to complement the school curriculum with additional opportunities for parents, teachers, and students to learn, socialize, communicate, and grow. At the heart of our mission is a commitment to strengthen the West York Area School District's capacity to provide the highest quality education possible for all students.
- Work in partnership to serve and advocate for all of our students and help create a safe and healthy learning environment where students can excel and feel confident in themselves.
- Provide support to staff as we partner with them to provide learning in new ways - supporting teachers and students by raising funds for educational materials, field trips, innovative instructional support, and technology grants.
- Help to create community and a sense of connectedness as we deal with the changes and challenges of everyday busy lives.
- Promote communication and cultivate a sense of community between all elementary schools, parents, students and faculty through monthly meetings and school-based family engagement activities (movie nights, dances, bingo for books, game nights, etc.)
- Facilitate communication and support our schools and students through PTO volunteers serving as school chairs, room parents, and class parents/advisors – through Class Dojo, social media, PTO website, newsletters/flyers.
- Organize Community Outreach drives that support local charitable organizations, while affording students an opportunity to practice social responsibility and compassion for others.
Committee Board members
President - Samantha Stover
Vice-President - Amanda Coble
Secretary - Tracy Overlander
Treasurer - Teena Curnow
Assistant Treasurer - Jenn Hyser
Check us out on FACEBOOK!
PTO Meetings are held every 3rd Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m at
Wallace Elementary School.
Next Meeting: March 15th!
Meetings are open to ALL West York Elementary Families!
Popcorn Loft: ends March 16th!
Hershey Park Ticket Sales: March-April
Spirit Wear Sale: April
Upcoming PTO Sponsored Events:
Spring Snack: Each classroom will receive a snack and drink from the PTO on Thursday April 6th!
High School Scholarship: Winner of this scholarship will be chosen at the April PTO meeting.
Mothers Day Flowers: Children can pre-order a flower to take home for a special person!
*Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week: May 8th-12th
*Fun Days: Each school will get to celebrate the end of the year with a fun-filled day, including a bounce house and other exciting activities!
Save the Dates:
Lincolnway: Tuesday May 23rd
Wallace and Trimmer: Wednesday May 24th
5th Grade Bags: Sending off the 5th graders with their Bulldog gym bags
*Volunteers and items needed for these events - Sign ups will be coming out soon!
The Junior achievement Program is in need of volunteers. Contact Tammy Meisenhelter, email@example.com, with any questions and to sign up to volunteer.
Click here to learn more: JAInformation
Read the full March Newsletter